Well, I don’t know about you but I am currently trying ( and I do say trying because it is so easy to be lazy ) to get fitter this summer. There are many reasons I want to get more in shape, mostly because I am a dancer and horseback rider and I want to feel totally fit and top of my game!
But regardless your reason, or if you are just simply wanting to live a healthier lifestyle, I’m with you on that 100%! I think it can be hard to eat healthy with it still being inviting and tasty. We live in a day and age when there are so many options, sugar-free, gluten-free, vegan.. the list goes on. I think that makes it really easy to find something that works for everyone. There is a huge amount of substitutes in the food world for things, and therefore it should always be tasty! At least I think so.
I wanted to share with everyone my best smoothie creation as of yet…. The Health Kick wonder I am calling it. So, here’s how it goes:
• 1 cup of milk – this can be almond, soy, coconut, hemp, cashew ( honestly the options are endless… remember it is the 21st century )
• 1 banana – for the creaminess
• 1 tbs of raw cacao powder
• 1 tbs of mixed green powder – mine has kale, spirulina, morigina and wheat grass.
• 2 tbs of chia seeds –
• 1/2 blueberries – either frozen or fresh
• 3-6 leaves of mint – I grow some in my garden so it is easy to access but this is not a must-have ingredient
• 1/2 teaspoon stevia – If you need that little extra sweetness
I then combine all of the ingredients up in a blender, if you want it to be cold then freeze the blueberries and banana and it will add to both the thickness and the coolness ( in every way! )
What I love about this smoothie is that it is packed, and I mean fully packed with wholesome goodness for promoting good health. You’ve got your fruits, always good for building up your body. You’ve got your greens and things like spirulina is an amazing thing to have in your diet ( just google it ) and cacao will give you every boost while chia seeds are a natural source of fiber and antioxidants! hooray!